Child constipation is a common problem that can be caused by various factors. Here are the main causes and some helpful tips to help
The reasons for children’s constipation can be many. Let’s see which are the most common and what to do to help him
Small children can’t immediately regularize their bowelor. Furthermore, the changes in their diet and during the various stages of growth can modify their intestinal transit.
READ ALSO: COW’S MILK IS GOOD OR SHOULD BE AVOIDED? ANSWERS A SPECIALIST IN NUTRITION
Each child is unique, so each mother will learn over time to recognize the intestinal regularity of your child. There are babies who poop after each feed and others who poop regularly once or twice a week.
What must be the alarm bell is a change from his routine, or when the poop it is particularly tough and when I can notand not even making an effort to expel.
In some cases hard poop can result blood in the stool and fissures anus. In this case, we recommend that you inform your pediatrician, apply a specific cream and keep the area dry.
READ ALSO: STOMACHACHE IN CHILDREN: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Among the main ones causes of constipation, with the exception of some diseases, such as cystic fibrosis and hypothyroidism, some are related to nutrition:
- the weaning it can cause constipation because you switch from liquid milk to solid food
- if your baby is not breastfed, the brand of milk formulated could have a composition that causes constipation
- few fibers in its nutrition
To help your child overcome constipation, here are some tips from experts:
- ask the pediatrician for change brand of formulated milk
- to introduce foods rich in fiber beautiful its nutrition such as pears, plums and whole grains
- if during weaning you notice a change in your baby’s intestinal transit, do not give him rice flour but switch to those of other grains such as oats
- never give laxatives except under medical advice. Alternatively, you can try a glycerin suppository or a baby enema
- stimulate the baby’s movement or have him do one gym with raised legs and gods massages to the belly. On the web you will also find numerous tutorials made by experts to stimulate him.
- if the child eats, insert liquids and whole foods in his diet, legumes is vegetables, varying them often.
- avoided foods rich in sugar, moderate the salt, avoid tea and chocolate, but also fruits like theand bananas and lemons.
READ ALSO: “POOR DIETS” FOR CHILDREN: THE ALARM OF THE EXPERTS
Remember that if he manages to poop even after a lot of effort, he may not be constipated. the intestinal regularity of children is very variable both according to their physical composition and according to their age.
So always talk to the pediatrician and maybe keep a diary with the child’s bowel movements, with the related dishes consumed, in order to more easily identify if something in his diet needs to be changed
And did you unimamme know these causes and these remedies for constipation?
To stay up to date on calls, news and much more, keep following us on GoogleNews.