I know that you are thinking that there are no such things as English avocados, and surely there must be a mistake in the title of this recipe, right? Actually, this recipe is an example of contemporary English cuisine and uses some fine traditional English ingredients in addition to the decidedly un-English avocado.
English Avocado Salad Recipe
How to Make English Avocado Salad
Check below for printable version of this English Avocado Salad
English Avocado Salad
- 2-3 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4-6 oz (110-170 g) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups (500 ml) black seedless grapes, halved
- 2-3 Tbs (30-45 ml) sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper to taste1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped toasted walnuts
- Lettuce leaves for garnish
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados, chop coarsely, and toss with the lemon juice. Set the empty avocado shells aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the Stilton, grapes, sour cream, and pepper. Gently stir in the avocados and spoon into the reserved avocado shells. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve on a bed of lettuce. Serves 4 to 6.