The unusual combination of flavors and textures make this salad one you really should try.
Fennel, Orange, and Olive Salad Recipe
How to Make Fennel, Orange, and Olive Salad
Check below for printable version of this Fennel, Orange, and Olive Salad
Fennel, Orange, and Olive Salad
- 1 large fennel (anise) bulb
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese16 oil-cured black olives
- Trim the top and the root end of the fennel and cut it into very thin slices. In a mixing bowl combine with the orange slices, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to mix. Arrange on a platter or individual salad plated and pour the juices from the bowl over it. Garnish with the shredded cheese and black olives. Serves 4 to 6.