Can it be that simple?
You want to lose weight? THAT’s why you should drink a glass of water in the morning!
Drink water every morning and lose weightCan it be that simple? In fact, water on an empty stomach is said to have numerous positive effects. In Ayurveda and Japanese water therapy, morning drinking has therefore long been a fixed ritual. We will tell you about the benefits of drinking a glass of water in the morning and what you should bear in mind.
Drinking water in the morning: losing weight and doing good for your health
Instead of starting the day with a large cup of coffee, it is better for your figure and health to reach for a large glass of water. Water in the morning helps the body with the cleansing processes that take place overnight. It can also help you lose weight.
These are the advantages of water in the morning:
- The loss of fluid overnight is compensated. This benefits all body functions.
- Toxins and metabolic waste products that the body releases overnight are flushed out of the body.
- Metabolism and digestion are stimulated.
- The stomach is filled and the first hunger – which is often actually thirst – is alleviated.
- Heartburn can be alleviated by drinking water in the morning, as this dilutes the stomach acid.
This should be taken into account when drinking water in the morning
There are a few things you should consider when drinking water in the morning so that it can develop its positive effects:
- Still or sparkling: Still water is the right choice here – such as still mineral water, spring water or tap water. Sparkling water, on the other hand, can be irritating and lead to heartburn.
- Temperature: The water should be at room temperature or lukewarm. Especially in Ayurveda, warm water is used because it is considered beneficial for the digestion and gently stimulates it. Cold water, on the other hand, is said to unbalance the digestion.
- A lot: The morning drinking ritual can vary from one glass to half a liter. Depending on what you can manage in the morning. In Japanese water therapy, you start with a glass and increase to half a litre.
In addition to the type of water, temperature and quantity, Japanese drinking therapy also states that teeth should only be brushed after drinking and, ideally, food should not be eaten until three-quarters of an hour later. At Ayurveda on the other hand, drinking in the morning is often preceded by a mouth cleaning. This includes cleaning the tongue with a tongue scraper and also Pulling oil. Whichever way you decide to go in the end – even starting with a glass of water in the morning is a good first step. Keep the morning water consumption simple and pay attention to other subtleties later if you like.
Want another Ayurveda tip? See how ginger water can help you lose weight:
Conclusion about the water in the morning: Much more than a slimming tip
Water is the number one staple food, essential for all bodily functions, supports our health and also helps to reduce weight. Especially in the morning it is therefore important to reduce fluid loss overnight with sufficient drink water to compensate for this. In this way you support the body in cleansing and regeneration, get metabolic processes going and quench the thirst in the morning, which is often mistaken for hunger.
The best thing about the morning drinking ritual: it is incredibly easy to perform. If you like, you can have a glass of water ready in the evening and then you don’t even have to think about it in the morning.