Best Fried Chicken Recipe With Calorie Charts
Lets begin this delicious Low Carb Keto Fried Chicken recipe, all at home! Tasty and easy, it is. It’s easy to make low carb keto fried chicken in an air fryer. But if you don’t have this trendy appliance, the chicken can be baked in a regular oven instead. For this recipe, there isn’t any surprising ingredients.
While fried chicken is delicious, it is cooked in vegetable oils heated to a dangerous temperature; it’s also covered in breading, which brings the carb level up to 8-11 grams of carbs per piece. By contrast, all of the grilled chicken offerings have no carbs. Leave the biscuits behind, obviously.
Recipe serves 2-3.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, defrosted
- 1/2 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- Crush your pork rinds in Ziploc bag using a hammer fist like you’re playing whack-a-mole.
- In a bowl, stir together crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, crack two eggs and fork whisk them until frothy.
- Dip one chicken breast at a time into the egg mixture, then dip it into the crushed pork rind mixture. To ensure there will be a nice crust, dip it in the egg mixture again, and again into the pork rinds.
- Put your coconut oil in a cast iron skillet or pan. Turn to high heat and let it get hot and start to smoke.
- Once the oil is hot, place your chicken in the skillet. Don’t flip it. Let it fry for 5 minutes until the crust gets nice and crisp and then flip it and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and cook the chicken 3 to 5 more minutes per side (depending on the thickness of your chicken breast).
This makes a total of 2 servings of Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 575 Calories, 32.11g Fats, 1.07g Net Carbs, and 66.04g Protein.
Keto Fried Chicken Calories Chart
|Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|12 ounce chicken breast||561||12.14||0||0||0||105.47|
|½ cup pork rinds, crushed (17.5 g)||100||6.25||0||0||0||10|
|1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese||111||7.29||0.91||0||0.91||10.09|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|1 teaspoon pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|
|1 ½ tablespoons olive oil||179||20.25||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil||121||13.47||0||0||0||0|
Calorie chart reference – Credits: Ruled.me
- Pork rinds are typically in the chip aisle of the store and are sometimes called Chicharrones.
- Any raw, natural chicken breasts will work, but the thinner the better if you want to shorten the pan frying time.
- I used shredded Parmesan cheese, but I’m betting any shredded cheese will work.
- I used refined, high heat tolerant coconut oil. It’s good for pan frying.
- Any eggs, salt, and pepper are fine.
Utensils & Appliances For Cooking
- Ziploc brand Sandwich Bags are the unbeatable bags to grab on the go with new Grip ‘n Seal technology
- These expertly designed bags feature extended tabs and easy grip texture making the bags easier to grip, grab and open even with wet and sticky hands
- Use these handy Ziploc brand Sandwich Bags to pack lunch for yourself and your family or just to keep snacks fresh and accessible
- Pack includes 90 Ziploc brand Sandwich Bags made of durable and long-lasting BPA-free plastic. Product not formulated with BPA (Bisphenol A)
- Reusable and fit nicely in lunch bags, purses and more
- ergonomic handle – a combination of santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety. protective finger guard.
- hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- the highest quality japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- one-piece high-carbon, stain-resistant japanese steel
- Included components: user guide
- Set of 12 stainless steel forks, heavy duty and durable. Great for everyday use, hotel, restaurant, entertaining, holiday meal and more
- Made of premium high quality stainless steel which ensures your health, Rust-resistant, sturdy and durable for years to come
- Clean and classy looking, smooth surface and mirror polish makes these forks always keep shining, Modern silverware would match well with your existing cutlery and elevate your everyday meals into a fine dining experience
- These dinner forks have a nice weight and length, Not too heavy, not too light, Well balanced and comfortable to hold
- If you're not completely satisfied simply let us know and we will offer a prompt refund or replacement, no questions asked
- NO MORE FLIMSY KITCHEN TONGS – StarPack Premium Range Kitchen Tongs with silicone tips offer the best grip and control available, and they won’t melt, rust or flake into your food. These tongs are made with extra thick 1.00mm stainless steel, and feature a ring-pull locking system which is made to last.
- SAFE AND HEALTHY FOR YOUR FAMILY – Premium Range means we use the highest quality EU LFGB-Grade silicone, which is safety-tested, heat resistant up to 600°F, and guaranteed 100% BPA-free. Our silicone tip tongs have no removable parts for bacteria to grow, and are non-stick friendly to protect your cookware.
- BE INSPIRED TO LOVE COOKING AGAIN - Your stylish new tongs will be such a pleasure to use (and are dishwasher safe), so you’ll soon be creating heavenly dishes for friends and family. You’ll even receive a FREE Bonus ‘101 Cooking Tips’ PDF to get you started!
- VERSATILE AND ESSENTIAL KITCHEN SET - Set Contains: 1 x 9-Inch Tongs: 9" Handles (10" including lock) 1 x 12-Inch Tongs: 12" Handles (13" including lock)
- PREMIUM RANGE QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON, AND OUR FULL STARPACK WARRANTY – Our Premium Range products are made to last with the highest quality LFGB Grade materials. As always we offer a full refund or replacement if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase
- Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware.
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Hand wash even before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash
- Allow cast iron skillet to cool completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge using regular dishwashing liquid soap; it is not dishwasher safe
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
- Utilizes a stone-derived coating from Germany that is 100% free of APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP.
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without risk of exposure to these controversial chemicals.
- Features a hardened scratch-resistant coating that is super easy to clean.
- Interior of pan made out of durable heavy-gauge aluminum, with a magnetized base for use with rapid heat transfer induction stoves.
- Boasts a comfortable heat-resistant silicon coated handle that is reinforced to the pan via 3 solid rivets.
- Precision Cutting Surface – Crafted with a thick, heavy-duty plastic, our cutting boards provide a clean food prep surface for every meal.
- Multiple Prep Board Pack – Each order comes with three distinct cutting board sizes, including small, medium and large; perfect for multi-course meals or all-day use.
- Juice Grooves & Handles – These reversible cutting boards feature juice grooves to catch sticky or acidic drippings and non-slip handles to protect you and surfaces.
- Safe, Durable & Easy to Clean – A non-porous, ultra-strong cutting surface is gentle on cutlery and knives and can be put in the dishwasher for quick, easy cleanup.
- Chop, Scrape & Dice – Tough enough to withstand heavy chopping, slicing, dicing and sharp knives, our surface won’t retain stains or odors for long-term use.
- Mix, microwave and serve in a single bowl. Cleanup is a snap thanks to dishwasher safe glass that also nests neatly to save cabinet space
- Includes (1) 1-Quart, (1) 1.5-Quart and (1) 2.5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowls
- Durable high-quality tempered glass is dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe
- Nonporous glass won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains
- 2-year limited warranty on glass
- Made in the USA
- Includes 1-cup, 2-cup and 4-cup versions
- Easy to read measurements in cups, ounces and milliliters. Features a curved spout for precise pouring and easy-grip handles for comfort
- Durable, high-quality tempered glass is dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe
- Nonporous glass won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains
- BPA free secure-fit plastic lids are freezer, microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe
- 2-year limited warranty on glass and plastic lids
Some More Techniques
Added a little thyme and paprika for spices and used coconut oil and bacon grease for the oil. The hubby and I LOVE it. Will definitely be making this again. Another keto success! The idea to use the crushed pork rinds is just genius. You can also fry up in lard. Delicious!! I never thought pork rinds could taste so good. Was perfect with some steamed broccoli and buffalo ranch dipping sauce.