Rice is not only featured in paella, the unofficial national dish of Spain, but in many other classic Spanish preparations as well. Feel free to adjust the ingredients based on what you have on hand.
Spanish Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz) Recipe
How to Make Spanish Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz)
Check below for printable version of Spanish Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz)
Spanish Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-4 scallions (spring onions), green and white parts, finely chopped Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups (750 ml-1 L) cooked white rice
- 2 red, green, or yellow bell peppers (capsicums), cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked green peas or beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Green and black olives for garnish. Anchovy fillets for garnish, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine thoroughly. Serve chilled or at room temperature, garnished with olives and anchovy fillets if desired. Serves 4 to 6.