I know I have published recipes similar to this in the past, but the combination of fresh pears and Gorgonzola cheese is so magical that any new slant on the basic recipe is always welcome in my house.
Pear and Gorgonzola Salad Recipe
How to Make Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
Check below for printable version of this Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- 4 to 6 cups (1-1.5 L) mixed greens, trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) basic vinaigrette sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1/4 lb (110 g) Gorgonzola or other good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (250 ml) walnut halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Toss the greens with most of the vinaigrette and divide between individual salad plates. Arrange the pear slices on top and sprinkle the Gorgonzola over all. Top with the toasted walnuts and remaining vinaigrette. Serves 4 to 6.